Welcome to Your School Psychologists Page
Mrs. Heather Johnson - Heights
Mrs. Janine Symes - Heights & The Early Childhood Center
Dr. Stacey Small - East
What is a school psychologist
What is a school psychologist?
Our primary goal is to help children and youth succeed academically, socially, behaviorally, and emotionally in the school setting. We collaborate with educators, parents, and other professionals to create safe, healthy, and supportive learning environments that strengthen connections between home, school, and the community for all students.
In our schools, we are the mental health specialists for ALL students, regardless if they have a disability or not. We are school-based and try to know all of the students in our buildings. We believe that we can make a difference by being a presence in our schools so that all students get to know us.
As for what we do, as school psychologists we provide a variety of roles:
- Evaluate eligibility for special education services as part of the multidisciplinary team
- Provide social skills groups
- Provide school-based counseling
- Assist students who are having difficulties with friends to help them resolve conflicts in peaceful ways
- Consult with teachers regarding learning, social, and behavior issues
- We are members of the crisis intervention teams in our schools
- Identify and address learning and behavior problems that interfere with school success
Special Education Process
Questions about the Process?
Specific questions about your child and the special education process contact your Schools Evaluation Team Leader
- Carrie Ruggiero
- (781) 784-1595
- Andrew Zides
- (781) 784-1580
- Donna Brown
- (781) 784-1551
View the following for more information: